[Spacewalk-list] Provisioning launching i686 QEMU guests instead of KVM?

Michael Morgan mmorgan at dca.net
Tue Mar 26 22:12:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

 I have an Spacewalk 1.9/Postgres server running on Scientific Linux 6.3. I
just deployed two new virtualization hosts with Xeon E5-2630L CPUs also running
SL 6.3 with the SW 1.9 client packages. When I try to provision guests on these
new servers using an existing KVM kickstart profile they're being created as
raw QEMU i686 guests and immediately fail.

 The necessary CPU flags are available and I can manually create KVM x86_64
guests directly on the servers. The Virtualization Platform entitlement is
enabled as well, the rhn-virtualization-host package is installed, and SELinux
is set permissive currently. I can see from the client server that virt-install
is being called to start without KVM enabled but I'm not really sure where to
go next.

 I have production virtualization hosts still running SW 1.8 client packages
that can still provision KVM guests properly. I'm hesitant to upgrade them
after running into this issue. Any suggestions on where to start
troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thanks,
 Mike