[Spacewalk-list] remote repository

David Hrbáč david-lists at hrbac.cz
Thu Mar 28 09:36:22 UTC 2013

Dne 8.1.2013 09:36, Michael Mraka napsal(a):
> Spacewalk does not support this. If you want to save bandwidth you can
> install web proxy (e.g. squid) on spacewalk server and configure clients
> to go to rpmforge repo via this proxy.
>

> Regards,

Michael,
I think that this is not the issue. Pietro does not want to save the
bandwidth. Let's imagine:
- having spacewalk server
- box is behind the router on 5Mb line
- serving local Intranet boxes is fine, SW  propagates its own repos
- serving external Extranet boxes might be fine, SW propagates its own repos

Cons:
- extranet ones consumes small bandwidth
- the more extranet boxes the higher throughput
- extranet/intranet boxes can't use mirrorlist

It'd be very nice to have workflow like this:
Spacewalk: hey you are missing the package postfix-3.3-1 with sum ....,
provided by repo SomeRepo
Box: ok, going to download, using repository mirrorlist
Spacewalk: roger (GUI: box is updating)
Box: Just have update, the new package list is....
Spacewalk: OK, (GUI: box is up-to-date)

Regards,
David Hrbáč