[Spacewalk-list] Logic change to spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle script

Matt Micene matt.micene at dlt.com
Wed May 1 20:54:38 UTC 2013

(I spoke with Aron off-list and he suggested I post my changes to the
list for comments)

Using spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle, I noted that the promote
functionality has an issue with base channels that don't start with
"rhel-".  I've made some changes to the logic to determine channel
labels in the promote function to look at the phases array instead of
the channels list.  My testing works so far (handles non-"rhel-" named
base channels, won't promote past last phase) but I'm not a python guru
by any stretch.

The changed section starts on line 205, I'd appreciate some feedback and
clean up if anyone has ideas.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Micene