[Spacewalk-list] How to force a channel repodata rebuild?

Michael Calmer mc at suse.de
Tue May 7 14:17:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 7. Mai 2013, 09:50:52 schrieb Tomas Lestach:
[...]
> > Could
> > this imply something "else" was corrupted within Spacewalk? What
> > sort of metadata does SW store about the RPMs that reside in the
> > channels?
>
> We cache only the repodata parts for every rpm. When regenerating
> repodata, we put all the repodata rpm parts together (according to the
> channel rpms) and generate whole repodata files.

Here could be the first problem. Sometimes it happens, that these XML parts
are not created correctly but they are stored in the cache table. This would
mean, that you always get invalid metadata generated.

> All the files are
> newly created, so the modification dates shall be set accordingly.

Hmm, at the end of a repodata create the dates are set to the last repo sync
date. The time you see, is not the time when this cache files were created.

--
Regards

	Michael Calmer

Michael Calmer