[Spacewalk-list] Issues creating a Kickstart Disribution

Spacewalk User spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu May 9 22:19:58 UTC 2013

Good that you're making progress. I run RHN Satellites, but just
worked through setting up an OEL kickstart, so I may have experience
useful to you. Keep posting to the list with issues. I'm telecommuting
tomorrow, so will be in reach of my Satellites.

On 2013-05-09 15:50,
Alyson Calhoun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No, I won't yell :)
>
> Yes I do.
I actually just fixed the issue. I reinstalled Spacewalk - and made sure
my DNS entry was responding.

> Now I'm stuck on actually
kickstarting a system (more DNS issues)

> Will work on this
tomorrow.

2013 at 2:06 PM, Spacewalk User <spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net>
wrote:

>> Don't yell at me for asking, but you do have the localhost
entry in /etc/hosts, right? Like:

>> # Do not remove the following
line, or various programs
>> # that require network functionality will
fail.

9:40, Alyson Calhoun wrote:

>>> I've been following instructions
from this page:
http://blog.xebia.com/2011/12/19/how-to-walk-with-spacewalk/ [2] and
have successfully added/synced packages.

>>> The next step is to
add a kickstart distribution.

>>> After reading other posts, I
have tried disabling SELINUX, but get the same:

>>> THE SERVER
EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM WHICH PREVENTED YOUR REQUEST FROM BEING FILLED
OUT. IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO EXECUTE THIS ACTION AT THIS TIME.

>>> PLEASE HELP US CORRECT THIS PROBLEM BY CONTACTING US WITH DETAILS
OF HOW YOU RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE.

>>> I checked
/var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out and see this message

>>> 2013-05-09
08:34:53,823 [RHN Message Dispatcher] ERROR
com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.ActionExecutor -
com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.MessageExecuteException: TraceBackAction
can't find localhost!

com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.MessageExecuteException: TraceBackAction
can't find localhost!
>>> at
com.redhat.rhn.frontend.events.TraceBackAction.getSubject(TraceBackAction.java:51)

>>> at
com.redhat.rhn.frontend.events.BaseMailAction.execute(BaseMailAction.java:41)

>>> at
com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.ActionExecutor.run(ActionExecutor.java:69)

>>> at
com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.MessageDispatcher.run(MessageDispatcher.java:58)

>>> It's
complaining it can't find localhost.

>>> Is there a setting in
Spacewalk that points to an IP for localhost? Could someone tell me what
I've done wrong?

>>> I'm using RHEL 6.3 and Spacewalk 1.9
>>>

>>> Thanks

Links: