[Spacewalk-list] Need to sync SW data via PUSH between environments

Matt Micene matt.micene at dlt.com
Wed May 15 16:18:22 UTC 2013

Chris,

I deal with a few folks who have disconnected Satellites in multiple
enclaves.  Depending on your needs, I would suggest looking into
rhn-satellite-exporter and the associated man / documentation

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satel
lite/5.5/html/Installation_Guide/sect-Installation_Guide-Content_and_Syn
chronization-Satellite_Export.html

Essentially, the exporter can be used to dump and copy Satellite data
from the source (in your case test) to the other environments.  How you
actually move the data can comply with your security requirements
(shared access point, sneakernet, etc).  Once you have the export
available on the targeted Satellite, you can use satellite-sync with the
-m option to pull from a mount instead of RHN.

HTH,

Matt