[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.9 oracle database installation problem

Justin Edmands shockwavecs at gmail.com
Thu May 30 20:04:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Alvin Johnson <johnsoal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am doing fresh install of Spacewalk.
> Having problem with the database population as it is stop on with the
> below error.
>
> Is there a patch for this maybe.
>

> insert into rhnPackageSyncBlacklist (package_name_id)
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02291: integrity constraint (SPACEWALK.RHN_PACKAGESYNCBL_PNID_FK)
> violated - parent key not found
>
> I did compile this package also.
> Errors for PACKAGE BODY RHN_CHANNEL:
>
> LINE/COL ERROR
> -------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
> 7/9      PL/SQL: Item ignored
> 11/18    PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is
>          incomplete or malformed
>
> 12/17    PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
> 13/25    PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist,
>
> I hope you can point me to the solution.
> Oracle 11.2.0.3.
> Redhat 6.4
>
> Thanks You.
>
> Alvin

In postgres database world, you need to prepare the database for use by
spacewalk. Did you need to do anything like this?

This "13/25    PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" makes me
think the database is not setup with the proper tables and permissions.

For example, I see the following files on my system in case I wanted to use
oracle:
/usr/share/spacewalk/setup/oracle/install-db.sh
/usr/share/spacewalk/setup/oracle/remove-db.sh
/usr/share/spacewalk/setup/oracle/upgrade-db.sh