[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk use Hostname Alias instead of cname

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 12:30:55 UTC 2013

FRANK Michael wrote:
% Hello community,
%
% I am a novice with spacewalk and currently on the way to setup a
% productive system. To have the most flexibility we plan to use a DNS
% alias for the spacewalk hostname instead of the cname. This because we
% may have to move spacewalk later to a different host with a different
% hostname (cname).

Hello Michael,

I don't quite understand what's a DNS alias.
Is it secondary A record or CNAME record?

% I read the doc about spacewalk-hostname-rename but there is no way to
% set other host name then the cname.
%
% Does anyone has an idea how this could work?
%
% Any help is much appreciated.
%
% Many thanks for all your work.