[Spacewalk-list] Postgresql 9.2.5

Brunck, Paul Paul.Brunck at wolterskluwer.com
Thu Nov 7 16:32:51 UTC 2013

It’s the repository pgdg-centos92-9.2-6.noarch installed from http://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php which would have me believe that it was set up specifically for CentOS 6.

From: Paul Robert Marino <prmarino1 at gmail.com<mailto:prmarino1 at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM
To: "spacewalk-list at redhat.com<mailto:spacewalk-list at redhat.com>" <spacewalk-list at redhat.com<mailto:spacewalk-list at redhat.com>>
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Postgresql 9.2.5

Ok there are a couple of tricks here
First I need to know where you got the RPMs from because 9.2 is not native to CentOS 6. Be prepared to do a lot of symlinking I have gotten PostgreSQL 9.2 running with spacewalk on a RHEL 6 host but there are a lot of pitfalls. The most vexing of which is the stock JDBC driver causes a compatibility issue so you will want to repoint some symlinks to the right ones. Also the install script has some staticly coded paths to things it expects to find in the default places so again you will need to create some more symlinks for those as well.

-- Sent from my HP Pre3