[Spacewalk-list] [SOLVED]monitoring behind proxy

Balint Szigeti balint.szgt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 14:52:16 UTC 2013

hello

okay, finally I found the solution.
In Spacewalk universe the Probes (which mean the monitoring tasks) are
executed by Scouts (which mean the servers - they could be
central/parent or proxies).

I don't write a step-by-step guide but I have to share some info.
In Spacewalk 2.0 when anybody install a proxy with MonitoringScout
package, the process will not generate the rhn_web.conf file under
/usr/share/rhn/config-defaults so you need to copy it from the parent
server.
Then you should edit it a little bit:
web.satellite = *1*
web.ssl_available =*1*
web.enable_caching = *1*
web.download_ssl_enable = *1*
web.is_monitoring_backend = *1*
web.is_monitoring_scout = *1*
server.satellite.rhn_parent =*<parent server FQDN>*

And the end, you *MUST* create monitoring probes *ON* the devices. Proxy
can't execute Probe Suites. The Probe Suites are executed only by
central/parent server.
I know, it's not the best solution but a solution.

p.s.
of course, make sure, the necessary port are opened amount
central<->proxy(s)<->clients

Have a good day :)

Regards,
Balint