[Spacewalk-list] Unable to cancel actions

Maria Iano maria at purplecoffee.com
Fri Nov 22 22:38:32 UTC 2013

A package upgrade was scheduled for several servers with a script to be
run afterwards. Unfortunately, someone scheduled it twice and we need to
cancel the second run. I think the package upgrade for the first server was
canceled. Now we are unable to cancel the other upgrades and the run of the
script. The repeated upgrades wouldn't be a problem, but the script
reboots the server, so we'd rather not have it run twice.

I tried doing it through the api as well and had the same problem.

We get this error in the postgresql log:

ERROR:  -20266 : (action_is_child) - The specified action is in a chain,
but is not the first action in the chain
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT
rhn_exception.raise_exception('action_is_child')"
	PL/pgSQL function "remove_action" line 40 at PERFORM
STATEMENT:  select * from rhn_server.remove_action($1, $2) as result
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
STATEMENT:  select 'c3p0 ping' from dual
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
STATEMENT:  DELETE
	      FROM  rhnSet
	     WHERE  user_id = $1
	       AND  label = $2
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
STATEMENT:  select 'c3p0 ping' from dual

My guess is that the first action in the chain referred to there is the
one that was canceled, but I don't know that.

If someone knows of a command that would cancel all pending actions I
would really appreciate it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Maria