[Spacewalk-list] Machines upgrade behavior within spacewalk

Michal Bruncko michal.bruncko at zssos.sk
Tue Nov 26 00:06:57 UTC 2013

Hello

I dont even imagine how to interconnect Jobscheduler with Spacewalk (if
it is possible) and what everything else needs to be done to make it work.

On the other way I am wondering if I am the only one who is aware about
the described problem with batch upgrade process over all machines at
once - spacewalk clients. If it is good to do it at once or not? Or how
are you dealing with such upgrade tasks in your environments? Currently
two issues can be observed: high resource (of virtualization
host/hypervisor) utilization and service unavailability (during
installation/upgrade process if affected service/daemon is subject of
that process as well) even if HA is implemented on servers.
Now I can only run upgrade task "now" or schedule on specific time - but
it does not matter as for both cases upgrade task will begin on all
selected machines at once.

Nobody cares about another way of pushing upgrade tasks to clients with
more distributed/moderated utilization like which is available today?

thanks

michal