[Spacewalk-list] maybe newbie problem w/ spacewalk

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 19:12:35 UTC 2013

tsuh at novetta.com writes:

> We noticed that spacewalk appends kickstart label + ":" + org id + ":" + org name to create a
> profile name but during pxe start, we noticed that tftp cannot handle a colon in the directory
> path.
>
> Are we missing something? Can we reconfigure Spacewalk to use another separator instead of a colon?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated since I have been banging my head against the wall on this for two
> days now. Thanks.
>
> Tim
>
> IMPORTANT NOTICE:
> This e-mail message is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain company proprietary
> and/or confidential information that is subject to disclosure agreements. If you are not the
> authorized recipient, your viewing of such information, as well as any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached therein, is strictly
> prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to the sender and delete the

I too use PXE and populate the menus with the various profiles I've created
but I never need to use a colon in the ks= line. My typical ks= line looks like:
  http://<spacewalkserver>/ks/cfg/org/<orgid>/label/<profilename>

Within your profile, go to Kickstart Details -> Bare Metal Kickstart and
observe the URL shown there and use it for your ks= value.

--
Jon Miller