[Spacewalk-list] Exclude packages from installing via client configuration

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 08:37:04 UTC 2013

Michal Bruncko wrote:
% And now I wanted to add filter:
%
% spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_addfilters
% repo_addfilters: Add filters for a user repo
% usage: repo_addfilters repo <filter ...>
%
% The problem is that I don't know the exact syntax for <filter>. If I
% can use include filter or exclude filter as well. With googling I
% have just found corresponding commit of filter implementation for
% spacecmd, but no documentation.
%
% Please can you point me to that documentation or a bit explain how
% filter can be used?

Hi Michal,

Well, I have to agree it isn't very well documented. There's a small hint in API doc
https://your_spacewalk_fqdn/rhn/apidoc/handlers/ChannelSoftwareHandler.jsp#addRepoFilter
which says
 string sessionKey
 string label - repository label
 struct - filter_map
   string "filter" - string to filter on
   string "flag" - + for include, - for exclude

In spacecmd you do this by prepending the flag to filter, e.g.

spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_addfilters 'My CentOS 5 (i386)' '+libreoffice*'
spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_addfilters 'My CentOS 5 (i386)' '-libreoffice-langpack-*'
spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_addfilters 'My CentOS 5 (i386)' '+libreoffice-langpack-en'
spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_addfilters 'My CentOS 5 (i386)' '+libreoffice-langpack-sk'
spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_listfilters 'My CentOS 5 (i386)'
+libreoffice*
-libreoffice-langpack-*
+libreoffice-langpack-en
+libreoffice-langpack-sk

which will include only libreoffice packages with en and sk langpacks and no other langpacks.

% In principle I wanted to exclude some packages from specifed repo,
% because they are in conflict (modifed versions of existing packages)
% with packages in existing CentOS base/updates/epel repos.

So just couple of '-conflicting_package1', '-conflicting_package2', ... should
do the job.

% thank you!
%
% michal