[Spacewalk-list] How can use Spacewalk chennels as a repositories.

J Epperson spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 8 12:57:15 UTC 2013

I have not been able to figure out how to set up a ".repo" file such
that a non-subscribed system could use a Spacewalk/Satellite channel as
a yum repository. You mention "baseurl which is available in spacewalk":
where are you seeing the baseurl for a channel?

This would be very
useful in my shop if it could be made to work.

On 2013-10-08 3:03,
papinder singh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am newbie in Spacewalk. And i
found its very useful tool to manage lot of Redhat, Centos and fedora
machines.

> In my env., i have a local repository server and
spacewalk. But i want to remove that local repo server, because same
repos are in spacewalk channels.

> So my question is that, can i use
spacewalk channels as a local repository server. Means single repository
used on both way in spacewalk and local repo also. So i just go to any
machine and create a .repo file and mention all baseurl which is
available in spacewalk and thing will work for me.

> --
> papseddy

Links:
------