[Spacewalk-list] Process of client-registration usign activation key

Lupin Deterd lupindeterd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 01:30:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

 I'm struggling with my spacewalk client doing auto-register/subscription
using activation key. Following are what I did.

-> Setup org
 -> Create Channels on default org using spacewalk-common-channels
     centos6-x86_64
     centos6-x86_64-centosplus
     centos6-x86_64-extras
     centos6-x86_64-fasttrack
     centos6-x86_64-updates
     centos6u4-x86_64
  -> populate it using repo-sync

-> Create a channel "centos6-with-tools" as child to centos6-x86_64
    -> populate with packages from
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/2.0-client/RHEL/6/x86_64/

-> Create activation key, linked to to base channel  centos6-x86_64  and
centos6-with-tools as child
-> Create Kickstart Distr
->Create Kickstart profile, linked the activation key.
->Did a cobbler buildiso using the ks profile.
->Provision a vm.

The provision/install OS part is doing fine and dandy but it didn't
auto-register.

Any idea where I can start digging?

Thanks,
lupin