[Spacewalk-list] ISS: Slave cannot see shared channels

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 08:42:48 UTC 2013

sam at eventbase.net wrote:
% Hello all
%
% I have been playing with ISS for a few hours now in an attempt to
% replace some (broken) custom scripting currently going on in our
% organisation.
%
% However, I have hit a snag, and the mighty Google couldn't help me
% either. It currently seems that, what I'd like to achieve, is
% currently not possible. Though I'd like to be told otherwise.
%
% My desired way of using ISS:
%
% On my Spacewalk master, I have two channels in the "Default" org:
%  - ProductA
%  - ProductB
%
% I then create three separate orgs. OrgA is only allowed to access
% ProductA, OrgB is only allowed to access ProductB. OrgC can see both
% products. To achieve this, I mark each of the product channels as
% *protected* and expose them only to the Orgs (customers) which are
% allowed to see them.
% Should this be working? Am I missing a piece? Or are ISS slaves
% really not able to see shared channels?
%
% Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Samuel,

In the Spacewalk 2.0 we enhanced ISS functionality to be able to
serve different channel/package sets to different ISS slaves.
ISS setup you've just described is possible, see detailed description
and howto on
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ISSSyncPermissions

% Regards
% Samuel