[Spacewalk-list] Software Channels

Kobus Bensch kobus.bensch at trustpayglobal.com
Tue Oct 22 09:11:38 UTC 2013

Hi

Not sure where I can go wrong.  I deleted all the channels and this is
the procedure I followed:

Create new channel
Channel Name*: 	CentOS-6-x86_64
Channel Label*: 	centos-6-x86_64
Parent Channel: 	none
Architecture: 	x86_64
Yum Repository Checksum Type: 	sha1
Channel Summary*: 	CentOS-6-x86_64
GPG key URL:
http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/mirror.centos.org/6.4/os/x86_64/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

Create repository
Repository Label* 	CentOS-6-x86_64
Repository URL*
http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/mirror.centos.org/6.4/os/x86_64/
SSL CA Certificate 	none
SSL Client Certificate 	none
SSL Client Key 	none

Repositories Tab
Select Repo
Click Update
At this point they should be linked.
Are any further steps required?
I now go to Channel
Select the channel I created
Click Repositories Tab
Click Sync
Sync Now
Give a minute or so
Click Packages
None displayed
Click Manage Software Packages:

    Package List

Channel: 	Packages in no channels

*0123456789ABCDEFG
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/manage/packages/PackageList.do?list_4021519721_alpha_key=G>HI
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/manage/packages/PackageList.do?list_4021519721_alpha_key=I>JKL
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/manage/packages/PackageList.do?list_4021519721_alpha_key=L>M
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/manage/packages/PackageList.do?list_4021519721_alpha_key=M>N
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/manage/packages/PackageList.do?list_4021519721_alpha_key=N>O
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/manage/packages/PackageList.do?list_4021519721_alpha_key=O>P
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/manage/packages/PackageList.do?list_4021519721_alpha_key=P>QRSTUVWXYZ*

Filter by Package Name: 	Display items per page 	*1* - *7* of *7* *(0
selected)*

	Package <javascript:sortColumn('list_4021519721_sortby_id', 'nvrea',
'list_4021519721_sortdir_id', 'desc')> 	Channels 	Content Provider
	gutenprint-plugin-5.2.5-2.el6.x86_64
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/packages/Details.do?pid=10765>
	(None) 	CentOS
	ipa-server-3.0.0-25.el6.x86_64
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/packages/Details.do?pid=10768>
	(None) 	CentOS
	libmatchbox-1.9-6.1.el6.x86_64
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/packages/Details.do?pid=10767>
	(None) 	CentOS
	migrationtools-47-7.el6.noarch
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/packages/Details.do?pid=10764>
	(None) 	CentOS
	nautilus-devel-2.28.4-19.el6.x86_64
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/packages/Details.do?pid=10769>
	(None) 	CentOS
	ocaml-3.11.2-2.el6.x86_64
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/packages/Details.do?pid=10770>
	(None) 	CentOS
	perl-Module-Install-0.91-4.el6.noarch
<https://spacewalk.trustpayglobal.com/rhn/software/packages/Details.do?pid=10766>
	(None) 	CentOS

If I select my Channel, no packages are displayed.

On 21/10/2013 16:47, Jens Neu wrote:

> > I have installed SPW 2.0 on Centos 6.4 64bit.
> >
> > I have created my first Software Channel with repository, but when I
> > update the Repo, instead of the packages going in to the channel, it
> > is being listed as Packages in no channels.
> >

> > Surely it should be listed in the centos-6-x86_64-base channel.
> >
> > Can anybody help please?
>
> I would say you did not link the channel to the repo correctly.
> Maybe you should just delete everything and have a look at
>
> spacewalk-common-channels
>
> -> /usr/bin/spacewalk-common-channels -u admin -p pass -a x86_64
> 'centos6*'
>
> regards
> Jens
>
> www.biotronik.com <http://www.biotronik.com>
>

> *BIOTRONIK* - Celebrating 50 years of excellence
>
> Founded in 1963 with the development of the first German pacemaker,
> BIOTRONIK has brought innovations and the highest quality standards to
> the cardiac rhythm management and vascular intervention fields in more
> than 100 countries around the world. We've developed advanced
> technologies such as BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®, Closed Loop
> Stimulation (CLS) and Orsiro, the industry's first hybrid drug eluting
> stent. BIOTRONIK also offers the broadest portfolio of cardiac devices
> with ProMRI®, an advanced technology that gives patients access to
> magnetic resonance (MR) scanning.
> BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG
> Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin, Germany
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501
>
> Vertreten durch ihre Komplementärin:
> BIOTRONIK MT SE
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 118866 B
> Geschäftsführende Direktoren: Christoph Böhmer, Dr. Lothar Krings
> This e-mail and the information it contains including attachments are
> confidential and meant only for use by the intended recipient(s);
> disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not
> addressed, but in the possession of this e-mail, please notify the
> sender immediately and delete the document.

Kobus Bensch Trustpay Global LTD email signature Kobus Bensch
Senior Systems Administrator
Address:  22 & 24 | Frederick Sanger Road | Guildford | Surrey | GU2 7YD
DDI:  0207 871 3958
Tel:  0207 871 3890
Email: kobus.bensch at trustpayglobal.com
<mailto:kobus.bensch at trustpayglobal.com>

--

Trustpay Global Limited is an authorised Electronic Money Institution
regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 900043.

For further details please visit our website at www.trustpayglobal.com.

The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and
remain the property of Trustpay Global Ltd unless agreed by contract. It is
intended solely for the person to whom or the entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose,
copy, distribute, print or rely on the content of this email or its
attachments. If this email has been received by you in error please advise
the sender and delete the email from your system. Trustpay Global Ltd does
not accept any liability for any personal view expressed in this message.