[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Upgrade Issue

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 23:05:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 04:05:25PM +0000, Bedorf, Paul wrote:
> Hi, so I battled with it further and got some progress... here are my latest steps:
>
> 1. I am working on a clone spacewalk server, which I have successfully renamed to " spacewalk2.corp.mosaic.com  "
>      absolutely no issues at this point, I can successfully subscribe new clients to spacewalk2 server, alter their subscriptions channels etc...
>      so my spacewalk 1.8 version at that stage is working 100% fine.

But your Spacewalk is not 1.8, it is 1.8 nightly as you said in your
initial post:

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 03:09:42PM +0000, Bedorf, Paul wrote:

> Hi, in our environment we are running the following:
>
> spacewalk 1.8 nightly

To have any chance of upgrading that Spacewalk installation, you would
first need to manually upgrade that database schema from your current
1.8 nightly state to 1.8 GA.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat