[Spacewalk-list] Error displaying package details

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Mon Sep 2 08:53:27 UTC 2013

> If I remember correctly we started with version 1.0 and did upgrades
> to 1.2 -> 1.4 -> 1.7 and now 2.0
>
> # rhn-schema-version:
> 2.0.2-1.el5
>
> # rpm -q spacewalk-schema spacewalk-java
> spacewalk-schema-2.0.2-1.el5
> spacewalk-java-2.0.5-1.el5
>
> You are correct a clean install would be the way to go. Is there a
> way to save my data from this install and then import into another
> install even if there may be missing data in some columns of the
> database?

As you write, the trouble is there're some data missing, so it isn't very
wise to import that data to another Spacewalk instance.
What you definitely could do is to backup and re-use the /var/satellite
directory that contains (among others) all the rpms you used on the current
Spacewalk, so you do not have to sync/download them again.
As well you may try to get some of the data (activation keys,
configuration channels and files, users and user groups ...) via API and
create them again via API on the new Spacewalk machine.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat