[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.0, Monitoring, and Notification Methods

Scott Worthington scott.c.worthington at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 19:13:00 UTC 2013

Hello List,

I have successfully upgraded Spacewalk from 1.6 to 2.0 without any issues.

I am now setting up Monitoring and enabling Probes. They work well.

However, I don't know how to set up "Notification Methods".

In the top row, I have clicked on "Monitoring" and then in the left hand
column, "Notification".

I'm presented a page with with:
"""
(i) Notification Methods
Method Configuration
--------------------
Notification Methods are email addresses where Monitoring related alerts
generated by Probes will be sent to.
  No notification methods configured.
"""

I would assume that there should be a green "+ create new notification
method" in the right hand side, however, there is none.

In the left hand column, if I click on "Filters" submenu, I see there is
a green "+ create new notification filter".  So that appears to work.

How do you create a notification method?

I found...

/usr/share/spacewalk/web/network/components/monitoring/create_notification_method.pxi

...and...

/usr/share/spacewalk/web/network/components/monitoring/notification_methods.pxi

...from spacewalk-html-2.0.3-1.el6.noarch installed.

Is this fixed in nightly?

Any assistance would be appreciated.