[Spacewalk-list] Problem adding kickstart profile

Chirag Choudhary chirag200666 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 05:27:16 UTC 2013

Hi,
    i am using CentOS 6.4 and Spacewalk 2.0.
here are the error logs from catalina.out :
http://pastebin.centos.org/4306/
Seems like its not able to retrieve ks file from a location.(
/var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/upload )
I checked it and some of those files exist and tomcat user has read and
write permission of those files.
What can be done to rectify the error ?

Thanks & Regards,
Chirag

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Milan Zázrivec <mzazrivec at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 07:14:39 PM Chirag Choudhary wrote:
> > Hi,
> >      After creating a distribution for rhel6 (thanks to Jan and Milan), I
> > tried adding kickstart profile to spacewalk, the ks.cfg file is correct
> (I
> > used to to kickstart few rhel machines). But whenever i am trying to
> upload
> > the ks file or pasting it in the text box and trying to add, it is always
> > giving this error :
> >
> > '''''''''''''
> > Internal Server Error
> >
> > The server experienced a problem which prevented your request from being
> > filled out. It may not be possible to execute this action at this time.
> >
> > Please help us correct this problem by contacting us with details of how
> > you received this message.
> > due to this the Kickstart profile is added but not being managed by
> > spacewalk.
> > How can this probiem be solved ?
>
> What does your /var/log/tomcat[56]/catalina.out say? (it should contain
> more complete error message).
>
> -MZ

Chirag Choudhary,
Software Engineer