[Spacewalk-list] Patch management use case

Choure, Siddharth schoure at 1worldsync.com
Fri Sep 13 15:37:44 UTC 2013

There are multiple ways of doing this depending on some related factors. Do
those 10 packages have dependencies? Are those dependencies already
installed on the clients? If they are, then just create a custom software
channel, add those packages to your channel and push those packages to your
clients.

If you don't know if those packages have dependencies, then just select
those 10 hosts in Spacewalk, push packages and then select the 10 packages
you want to install.

Sidd.