[Spacewalk-list] Deleting published Errata deletes associated Packages

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 11:57:45 UTC 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:57:53 +0200 Franky Van Liedekerke
<liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:58:23 +0200
> Jan Hutař <jhutar at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:32:16 +0200 Franky Van Liedekerke
> > <liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:

> > > For now my workaround is to first delete the packages from
> > > the published errata and only then delete the errata.
> > >
> > > Franky
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > Do you see package gets really deleted
> > (including /var/satellite), or is it just dissociated from
> > the channel (an you can see it in Channels -> Manage Software
> > Channels -> Manage Software Packages)?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan
> >

> Apparently I failed to respond to this (a year ago), but since
> it is still happening with spacewalk 1.9: the packages are
> just dissociated from the channel.
>
> Franky

No problem. I suppose this is an expected behavior. Packages are
part of an errata. Un-publishing errata should remove the
packages from the channel as well. On the other hand if you have
these packages in different channel (as a package, not as a part
of the errata), they should not be deleted from this second
channel when you delete the erratum.

Channel1
  Errata1
    Package1
Channel1
  Package1

So, deleting erratum Errata1 should not remove Package1 from
Channel2. If this happens, that is IMO a bug.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA