[Spacewalk-list] SYN Flooding with OSAD

Wood, Brendan Brendan.Wood at Mercy.Net
Thu Apr 10 20:35:14 UTC 2014

Hey all,

We are up to 560 clients in our spacewalk environment, and today when I restarted jabberd on the server I noticed this in the sys logs:

kernel: possible SYN flooding on port 5222. Sending cookies.

..and none of the clients appear to be able to connect.  Restarting osad on the client end produces:

Shutting down osad:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting osad: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 252, in setup_connection
    c = self._get_jabber_client(js)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 309, in _get_jabber_client
    c.connect()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 567, in connect
    jabber.Client.connect(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jabber/xmlstream.py", line 533, in connect
    self.header()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 1189, in header
    self.process(jabber.timeout)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 1057, in process
    data = self._read(self.BLOCK_SIZE)
error: (104, 'Connection reset by peer')

Has anyone else experienced this.. or more to the point, come up with a solution?

Thanks!
Brendan
This email contains information which may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE and is intended only for the use of the addresses(s) named above.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately.