[Spacewalk-list] Problem registering Debian wheezy clients?

Michel Alexandre Salim michel at cergis.net.id
Mon Apr 14 03:15:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

We're interested in using Spacewalk to manage our Debian servers (mostly
Proxmox virtualization servers), and encountered the following problem:

- attempting to use rhnreg_ks results in the following error:
An error has occurred:
The certificate /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT is expired. Please ensure
you have the correct certificate and your system time is correct.

- on examination that file contains two certificates, the first one has
indeed expired but the second one is still valid:

# grep After /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT.orig
            Not After : Aug 26 02:10:55 2013 GMT
            Not After : Feb 24 21:07:08 2020 GMT

- removing the expired certificate so the file contains only the one
expiring in 2020, I get the following error:

The SSL certificate failed verification.
See /var/log/up2date for more information

This might be similar to the problem reported here (for EL5)
https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/725153

but we don't have access to that. I'm suspecting it's a problem with the
old version of RHN* tools available in Debian:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=rhn-client-tools

only 1.8.9 is available, whereas on my Fedora laptop I'm on 2.1.16

Is there a test repo available for Debian users to test? I'd rather not
have to rebuild packages myself.

Thanks in advance,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim