[Spacewalk-list] Installing Spacewalk on CentOS 6.5

Kugamoorthy Gajananan GAJAN at jp.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 00:28:04 UTC 2014

Hi Phillips,

Thank you for your reply.

To answer questions:
rpm -Uvh
http://yum.spacewalkproject.org/2.1/RHEL/6/x86_64/spacewalk-repo-2.1-2.el6.noarch.rpm

rpm -Uvh
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm

Meantime, I resolved the issue by doing the following

yum remove  slf4j-1.5.8-8.el6.noarch (i.e. that is the conflicting old
package, note that it would also remove some dependency packages)

yum upgrade

yum install spacewalk-setup-postgresql

Best Regards,
--
Kugamoorthy GAJANANAN, Ph.D.  (クガムーテイー ガジャーナナン)
Researcher, Smarter Cities Solutions, IBM Research - Tokyo
E-mail: gajan at jp.ibm.com
NBF Toyosu Canal Front Building  (TY-S7E), 5-6-52 Toyosu, Koto-ku,
Tokyo 135-8511 Japan