[Spacewalk-list] osa-dispatcher performance

Stuart Green stuart.green at doccentrics.com
Wed Apr 23 08:46:01 UTC 2014

Hello list,

No doubt a topic of this nature has been discussed before, but could
anyone point me in the direction as to why osa-dispatcher > up2date
patch deployment could be so slooow?

10 hours seems a bit excessive...

Details: 	This action will be executed after 04/17/14 5:24:00 AM EDT.

This action's status is: Completed.
The client picked up this action on 04/17/14 3:51:58 PM EDT.
The client completed this action on 04/17/14 3:53:58 PM EDT.
Client execution returned "Update Succeeded" (code 0)
Packages Scheduled:

  * cpuspeed-1.2.1-11.el5_10:1.x86_64

Time: 	04/17/14 5:24:09 AM EDT

I really need to be able to deploy patches within a 1hr window on our
productions servers or I miss our maintenance window.  Any pointers
would be much appreciated.

Spacewalk 2.1 Deploying to Centos 5/6 servers.

Cheers,
Stuart