[Spacewalk-list] cobbler snippet post_install_network_config error

Tom Degroote tom.degroote at tuxconsult.be
Fri Aug 1 09:41:49 UTC 2014

Spacewalk version : spacewalk-base-2.2.33-1.el6.noarch
Cobbler version : 2.0.11

While pxe booting a client we saw in the cobbler.ks that the snippet post_install_network_config was not replaced.  This caused an error in the ks-rhn-post.log and prevented an automatic static network configuration.

Workaround :

We commented out the lines which provided ipv6 support. We have seen that in newer versions of cobbler those parameters (snippet variables) are available.

##if $idata.get("ipv6_address", "") != "" or $ipv6_autoconfiguration == True
    ##set $enableipv6 = True
##end if

Regards,

Tom Degroote