[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart Snippet Not Working After 2.1->2.2 Upgrade

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Tue Aug 19 18:01:33 UTC 2014

I upgraded our spacewalk server from 2.1 to 2.2.  After the upgrade, an existing CentOS 6 Kickstart profile we had that was known to work previously started having issues.  The main one remaining is we are getting the following errors in during the post-install section (recorded in the log):

Can't do inplace edit: /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions is not a regular file.
Can't do inplace edit: /etc/sysconfig/rhn/clientCaps.d is not a regular file.
/tmp/ks-script-srcUGc: line 141: syntax error near unexpected token `'post_install_network_config''
/tmp/ks-script-srcUGc: line 141: `$SNIPPET('post_install_network_config')'

It almost looks like what happens when I forget to check the “Template” box for my post scripts.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?  I saw the symptoms of this when I created a CentOS 7 kickstart, though I never saw this error.  The network did not get configured properly, and I’m guessing it is because of this same error.

Thanks!

Greg