[Spacewalk-list] Clients not uprading software

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at onpointfc.com
Fri Aug 29 15:04:25 UTC 2014

Hi, all.

After upgrading to spacewalk 2.2, I had to essentially recreate my spacewalk
installation (this wasn't due to the upgrade; that's another story).  I recreated the
database (postgresql), recreated the channels/repos, updated spacewalk on, and
re-registered, the clients, etc.  That all appeared to go fine.

However, now when I try to upgrade packages on my clients via the spacewalk Web UI, all
I get is the hourglass icon, and Events shows that the job is queued.  Previously, when
I ran top on a client being updated, I'd see osad-dispatcher (iirc) running.  Now, I don't.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out what's wrong.  Would anyone be so kind as to
show me how to troubleshoot/correct this issue?

Many thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.