[Spacewalk-list] Package arch ia64 incompatible with channel

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 10:23:19 UTC 2014

Jon Wakelin wrote:
% We are trying to sync an OpenSuSE repository using
% spacewalk-repo-sync (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python/SLE_11_SP3/
% ) .
%
% The repo contains RPMs for different architectures (x86_64, i586,
% ia64) but we are only interested in the x86_64 ones. /We have set
% the architecture for the channel to x86_64/.  The
% spacewalk-repo-sync command fails at the point it comes to link the
% packages into the channel with the message:
%
%    "ERROR: Package arch ia64 incompatible with channel
% sle11-sp3-python-channel2"

Hi Jon,

you can exclude ia64 packages e.g.
spacewalk-repo-sync -c SLE_11_SP3-python  -u http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python/SLE_11_SP3/ -e '*.ia64'

You can also set package filter on repository page in webUI (filter: -*.ia64).

% Is there something we may have misconfigured?
%
% thanks
% Jon

Michael Mráka