[Spacewalk-list] FW: redhat channel in spacewalk

Jens Neu jens.neu at biotronik.com
Thu Dec 4 15:01:52 UTC 2014

 > I would still like to know how to add RHEL to SW, we are partners so
> we get so many test and demo licenses of RHEL and nothing else. I
> will not get money for a separate satelite server, but I would like
> to be able to handle everything through spacewalk. I've got both my
> SLES and CentOS working. I just need to figure out the best way to
> get the RedHat repos syncing. Paul mentioned something about SSL
> keys above. but I could not find anything using my google-fu in the
> archives. Any pointers would be helpful.

Set up a RHEL Host/VM, register in RHN, run something like

/usr/bin/reposync -n --gpgcheck -l --repoid=rhel-x86_64-server-6 -p
/opt/rhn-mirror

in cron, install mrepo, run it on /opt/rhn-mirror, set up this local mrepo
in spacewalk as base channel/repo.
Just be careful not to install spacewalk-client on the rhel machine that
you register in RHN. A spacewalk client installation will successfully
kill the RHEL hosts capability to talk to RHN.
I would suggest to limit the Entitlements to the RHEL channel in spacewalk
to the actual number of your subscriptions -1 (for the host that does the
reposync for you). Just to make sure that you do not consume RHEL
subscriptions without paying for it.

-Jens