[Spacewalk-list] FW: redhat channel in spacewalk

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:17:54 UTC 2014

Hello Zinny

Bellow a simple sample of how to this procedure.

- log in the SW server
- create a base channel named centos_6.5_x86-64 (name, label and summary).
You can define according your necessity,
- mount the dvd iso
- access the directory which contain the rpm files
- execute the command bellow:
rhnpush -c centos_6.5_x86-64 --server=localhost -u <admin login> -p
<password> *.rpm

After this, your channel in SW will be populated with all packages from dvd.

Try it in your lab!

Take Care

Atenciosamente
Waldirio