[Spacewalk-list] Debian reposync fails on spacewalk

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:16:51 UTC 2014

Nick and Friends,

Just to add information, I just created a new channel using the arch IA-64
named teste_deb

# perl spacewalk-debian-sync.pl --url
http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/ --username
admin --password <my pass> --channel teste_deb

### the result ###
INFO: Repo URL:
http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/
INFO: Debian root is http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/
INFO: Fetching Packages.gz... done
INFO: Packages in repo:         35923
INFO: Packages already synced:  0
INFO: Packages to sync:         35923
INFO: 1/35923 : virtuoso-opensource_6.1.4+dfsg1-7_all.deb
INFO: 2/35923 : libghc6-regex-tdfa-doc_8_all.deb
INFO: 3/35923 : libsys-gamin-perl_0.1-1+b2_amd64.deb

Error Message:
    Package arch amd64-deb incompatible with channel teste_deb
Error Class Code: 50
Error Class Info: Invalid information uploaded to the server

ERROR: rhnpush failed
[root at spacewalk spacewalk-debian-sync-master]#
###

And yes, the link used in your sample is to amd64 (
http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/), so just
recreate a channel using arch amd64 and enjoy!

Wish you all a great week!

Atenciosamente
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com