[Spacewalk-list] [External] Re: Spacewalk on RHEL

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 15:12:41 UTC 2014

Calafiore, Jason [USA] wrote:
% Hi Michael,
%  Thank you for the email. I have read that Spacewalk can manage several different distro's such as Ubuntu and SLES. I am interested in this but also I am interested in serving RHEL x86_64 v5 and v6. Could you tell me if Spacewalk can do that out of the box or does it require some tweaks or changes?

Hello Jason,

Spacewalk is able to manage RHEL systems without any modification.

On the other hand you need to sync RHEL content to Spacewalk server first.
To be able to sync that content directly from rhn.redhat.com you need a
certificate; this cert is a part of Red Hat Satellite subscription.

% Thank you,
% Jason

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat