[Spacewalk-list] Question regarding interface name ensXXXX

Bidault, Philippe Philippe.Bidault at colt.net
Thu Dec 18 17:05:25 UTC 2014

Hello,

When I kickstart a server with centOS 7, the interface name always is ens192 (I suppose due to the IP configured on the interface during the installation, 192.168.X.X).
I have found this link "http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ConsistentNetworkDeviceNaming" regarding the device naming and understand this is a normal behaviour,
but this is not really what I want. I would have my interface names beginning by 0 (ens0 would be ok for me).

I have tried many things, for example add "append=net.ifnames=0" on the bootloader advanced options in the spacewalk ks profile, but no way.

Has somebody already solved this problem ?

Regards,
Philippe.

Philippe Bidault
Tel : +34 617 301 667
Tel bis : +34 93 550 1402
COLT ISU Managed Services
0811 653 653 / www.colt.net<http://www.colt.net/>
Colt Technology Services, 23-27 rue Pierre Valette, 92240 Malakoff, France

[Colt Disclaimer]
This email is from an entity of the Colt group of companies. Colt Group S.A.,
K2 Building, Forte 1, 2a rue Albert Borschette, L-1246 Luxembourg, R.C.S.
B115679.  Corporate and contact information for our entities can be found at
http://colt.net/uk/en/Colt-Group-of-Companies/index.htm. Internet
communications are not secure and Colt does not accept responsibility for the
accurate transmission of this message. Content of this email or its
attachments is not legally or contractually binding unless expressly
previously agreed in writing by Colt