[Spacewalk-list] timestamps and the spacecmd API

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Thu Feb 6 20:08:36 UTC 2014

Jon and Robert --

Thanks for your responses!  I was aware of those modules and have been
going around in circles with them for longer than I'd like to admit.

I guess I was hoping that someone far better at python than me would have
the few lines of code already written that work with comparing the
"completed_date" value from the spacewalk API to some current timestamp.

There appear to be about 100 potential ways of doing this, but I've been
unable to fit the pieces together for a single one of them!  I'll blame
that on my newness to writing python.

If anyone has any code that is working in python against the spacewalk API
and able to evaluate how long ago an event "completed", please let me know?

This has got to be easier than I've made it thus far.

Best wishes,
Andy