[Spacewalk-list] Assigning a gpg key to a clone channel

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 22:29:00 UTC 2014

The Channel Management guide covers the generation of the keys.

Channel_Management_Guide-Digital_Signatures_for_RHNX_Packages-Generating_a_GnuPG_Keypair<https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4/html/Channel_Management_Guide/sect-Channel_Management_Guide-Building_Custom_Packages-Digital_Signatures_for_RHNX_Packages.html#sect-Channel_Management_Guide-Digital_Signatures_for_RHNX_Packages-Generating_a_GnuPG_Keypair>

I typically just place keys in /var/www/html/pub in a tar file that gets
downloaded (wget) by my clients as part of registration and runs an import
before registering. You could also use RHN bootstrap to include the keys in
your bootstrap script, but I haven't done this so far

Client_Configuration_Guide/index.html#chap-Client_Configuration_Guide-Using_RHNBT<https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4/html-single/Client_Configuration_Guide/index.html#chap-Client_Configuration_Guide-Using_RHNBT>