[Spacewalk-list] proxy behind a proxy

Jason Berry Jason.Berry at csgi.com
Mon Feb 24 21:49:16 UTC 2014

I am working on setting up a Spacewalk Proxy that bounces through another Spacewalk Proxy: Prxy2 -> Prxy1 -> Spacewalk

API calls (registration, `yum repolist all`, rhn_check) all work fine.  However trying to get packages or even the repomd.xml fails; rhn_proxy_broker.log shows status code 503s.

If I point my client directly at Prxy1 it works, so I know the files exist and that proxy is working.  Pointing at Prxy2, I can see the TCP_MISS in the squid access log on Prxy2.

It appears it tries 4 times.  Every time, it first makes a call for 'broker/rhnBroker.__checkAuthSessionTokenCache'.  Then it tries to get the repomd for the first channel in the list, and I see it making the GET call

I turned up to debug=9 in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf on both Prxy1 and Prxy2.  I see Prxy2's rhn_proxy_broker.log showing the get for repomd.xml going through the squid proxy, but it seems to die there. Here's a log of one of the calls trying to get repomd.xml on Prxy2: http://pastebin.com/WWFebFGT

--Berry

All emails in this message string and any attachments are the confidential information of CSG Systems International, Inc. (CSG), or its affiliates and subsidiaries, and may contain privileged and/or confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete it immediately and notify the sender; unintended recipients are not authorized to read or otherwise use the information contained herein.