[Spacewalk-list] Integrating Spacewalk Authentication with IPA

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:30:03 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running configured instances of Spacewalk and Kibana. In
order to integrate Spacewalk authentication with IPA, I followed the
following post.

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#sect-Installation_Guide-Maintenance-Implementing_PAM_Authentication

I created a new user and marked it to be authenticated via PAM. I populated
the PAM file with the contents mentioned in the post above. Unfortunately,
the authentication isn't working.

I get the following log message in tomcat6/catalina.out

com.redhat.rhn.domain.user.legacy.UserImpl - PAM login for user User abc
(id 4, org_id 1) failed with error Authentication failure.

Note that, ipa-client is successfully installed and configured on spacewalk
server.

Any suggestions?

--
Shashank Sahni