[Spacewalk-list] SpaceWalk High Availability

Nelson Marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 12:08:52 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Currently at work we use spacewalk to manage a small part of our
infra-structure (around 100 machines running centos 6 from 3 environments).
Recently there was a problem with our SAN storage ending up with the
filesystem on the spacewalk machine having a few bad sectors (postgresql db
got corrupt as consequence).

Our development team has spacewalk integrated with ansible for
orchestration; If for some reason (as above) spacewalk is unavailable
ansible seems to break also there is no way to install software on machines.

I'm currently looking for documentation or some 'enlightenment' on the best
procedures to set spacewalk for high availability or a recommended
architecture so that we have redundancy for it. Anyone can point up some
docs or share experiences?

NM