[Spacewalk-list] question about erratas

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 18:52:08 UTC 2014

hello every one

I think I already know the answer to this is no, but I figured I would
ask just in case I'm wrong.
Is there a way to create an errata that would force a downgrade?

I know I can introduce a dummy package with a dependance to prevent a
specific package from
updating if needed but it doesn't help with hosts where a problematic
update has already been deployed.

What made me think of there is the currently bug in the koan 2.4
package in EPEL which breaks spacewalks provisioning of virtual and
physical machines via the web interface. It would be great If I could
simply create an errata to prevent the hosts from installing and force
a downgrade on the effected hosts.