[Spacewalk-list] Channel management for multi-org setup

Lupin Deterd lupindeterd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 14:10:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

Anyone has multi-org setup with each sub-org has different patching
schedule requirement? How do you do/setup your channel management?

Let say I have:

Base Org
 -> Sub-org1 (Requires Monthly Patching with three environment dev,qa,prod)
 -> Sub-org2 (Requires Quarterly Patching with three environment
dev,qa,prod)
 -> Sub-org3 (Requires Annual Patching with three environment dev,qa,prod)

I'm thinking of creating nine clone channels at Base Org level and share
three channels to the sub-orgs based on its patching schedule. So I would
end up with;

Sub-org1 (Monthly-dev-clone, Monthly-qa-clone, Monthly-prod-clone) channel.
Sub-org2 (Quarterly-dev-clone, Quaterly-qa-clone, Quarterly-prod-clone)
channel.
Sub-org3 (Annual-dev-clone, Annual-qa-clone, Annual-prod-clone) channel.

Does this look sensible or is there a better way to do it?

TIA,
Lupin