[Spacewalk-list] SELinux with spacewalk

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Wed Jan 15 15:41:39 UTC 2014

Thanks, Michael and Jan, for your responses.

I currently have SELinux in 'permissive' mode and have been reviewing the
'sealert -a audit.log' output periodically.

Thanks to your confirmation, I'm fairly certain now that the issues I'm
seeing are related to a non-standard setup I've got with the
/var/satellite filesystem.

May be one more reason for me to revisit my current (non-standard) setup.

Andy

On 1/15/14 1:57 AM, "Jan Pazdziora" <jpazdziora at redhat.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 05:44:14PM +0000, Andy Ingham wrote:
> Thinking of trying to activate SELinux on my spacewalk server.  The info
> I'm finding on the web is all roughly 3 years old (and multiple spacewalk
> versions behind current).  Is there more recent documentation that I
> failed to find?
>
> I'm currently running spacewalk 1.9, on CentOS 6.5.
>
> Using the older documentation, I've got these packages installed:
>
> spacewalk-selinux
> osa-dispatcher-selinux
> spacewalk-monitoring-selinux
>
> [ jabberd-selinux  <-- NOT INSTALLED; NO LONGER AVAILABLE / NECESSARY?]
>

> but but have not done any special tweaking of contexts or local policies.
>
> Any particular gotchas I should be on the lookout for?

Do you currently have SELinux disabled or permissive?

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat