[Spacewalk-list] Rollback in Spacewalk

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Wed Jan 22 16:19:07 UTC 2014

Upgrading from one major release version to another, for instance 4 to
5, is not "supported" by Red Hat. It can be done but you are on your own
and usually it is done via booting off install media or similar. Also
there is no real easy method of a rollback aside from a backup/snapshot.
I have done this but I strongly recommend you opt for a clean install.
It will be less of a headache in the long run.  Best build a new system
and set it up as close as possible to the other then migrate via
something like a DNS/hostname change.