[Spacewalk-list] Rollback Nightly to stable version of spacewalk.

papinder singh papseddy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 05:56:21 UTC 2014

Hi Jan,

Thanks for quick reply, i follow
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall... and its a kinda
silly mistake... i know documentation specially mentioned "*NOTE:* Nigthly
repo contains developers snapshot and it is not suitable for production
environment. Especially beware that you might not be able to upgrade from
the nightly installation to the next release, especially with respect to
the database schema."

My bad luck.. my simple concern is ... it take me a long time to import all
channels and respected rpms..

IS there any way to use same RPMs with spacewalk 2.0 ?.. i dont want to do
this all channels and rpms import activity again .. help me ..

Thanks in advance..

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 10:47:43PM +0530, papinder singh wrote:
> >
> > I am try to implement spacewalk. By mistake I had installed NIGHTLY
> version
> > of spacewalk on production env. And create all channels, as per my
> > requirement. But didn't connect any system with spacewalk ( I am lucky at
> > that point ).
> >
> > Later I read nightly is for development and research purpose ( no doubt
> > nightly interface is fantastic).
> >
> >  So is there any way to rollback to spacewalk stable release without
> losing
> > same configuration and all channels.
>
> There is no easy way to rollback to Spacewalk 2.0. You should be able
> to export the channels thou, ditch the installation, install Spacewalk
> 2.0 instead, and import the channels again.
>
> By the way, which documentation did you follow? We want to make sure
> people don't use Spacewalk nightly by mistake.
>
> --
> Jan Pazdziora
> Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat

Papseddy