[Spacewalk-list] repomd.xml repo issue

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 08:22:23 UTC 2014

Stuart Green wrote:
% Hello list,
%
% I've set up quite a few channels with no issue, until now!
%
% I'm trying to add the mysecureshell repo to Spacewalk but its
% erroring on "ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml)
% for repository"
%
% I've added the repo as per usual with the path:
% http://mysecureshell.free.fr/repository/index.php/centos/6.4/
%
% The repomd.xml does exist in the correct place(see below) but its
% not being picked up it appears, the only thing I can think of is
% permissions or path issues in the upstream repo?
%
% http://mysecureshell.free.fr/repository/index.php/centos/6.4/repodata/repomd.xml

I can sync it just fine:
# spacewalk-repo-sync -c centos6-x86_64-mysecureshell -u  http://mysecureshell.free.fr/repository/index.php/centos/6.4/
#### Channel label: centos6-x86_64-addons ####
Repo URL: http://mysecureshell.free.fr/repository/index.php/centos/6.4/
Packages in repo:                 2
Packages already synced:          0
Packages to sync:                 2
1/2 : mysecureshell-1.33-1-0.x86_64
2/2 : mysecureshell-1.33-1-0.i386
Linking packages to channel.
Repo http://mysecureshell.free.fr/repository/index.php/centos/6.4/ has 0 errata.
Sync completed.
Total time: 0:00:23

It was most likely temporary network issue.

% Cheers,
% Stu

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat