[Spacewalk-list] Routine postgres stoppages since upgrade to 2.2

Si Bland psillithid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 03:42:05 UTC 2014

Since we upgraded our Spacewalk to 2.2, we've noticed the last two nights
that between 03:00-04:00 PST some kind of restart is occurring (which is
nothing new), however, it's failing a bit (which is new). It appears it
shuts down the postgresql database, and doesn't succeed in restarting it. I
haven't had any luck tracking down what/why this restart is, so I can't
manually trigger it to speed up diagnosis...

>From what I can see, the attempt to start postgres is failing because
the postmaster.pid file still exists. However, when I investigate it, the
pid file has gone, and I can start postgresql without any problem.

Any advice on understanding why this is occurring would be appreciated.

Regards,
 - Si.