[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.2 Config Compare Problem

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Fri Jul 18 09:22:48 UTC 2014

On 18.07.2014 10:07, Milan Zázrivec wrote:
> On Thursday 17 July 2014 22:02:12 Trevor T Kates wrote:
>>
>> After updating Spacewalk from 2.1 to 2.2, the ability to compare config
>> files deployed to a system with the version of the same config on the
>> Spacewalk server seems to have broken. When on any given system's
>> configuration tab within the web UI, clicking View Details for "Last
>> Spacewalk and System Comparison" results in a 404 error.
>>
>> /var/www/html/network/systems/details/history/event.pxt appears to be
>> missing.
>>
>> Going to History under Events and navigating to the page which should show
>> any differences between config files shows "Differences exist" for all
>> config files with the actual file comparison being completely blank.
>>
>> I can provide any logs requested to help diagnose this problem if they will
>> be of help. The server running our Spacewalk instance is CentOS 6.5.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> This problem is fixed in spacewalk-java-2.2.121-1, now available in
> Spacewalk 2.2 repos.
>
> -MZ

Hi Milan,

spacewalk-java updated and the link to file comparison works again. But
still every file is shown as "Differences exist" on the event page (with
empty diff on files without any changes). Although only one file really
has differences. File comparison on configuration overview of this host
correctly shows:
"1 of 43 files on the system differed from the Spacewalk-Managed files."

Regards
Patrick

--
Lobster SCM GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich